Grub Control & Treatment With Nematodes Near You
- Helps to prevent major grub damage from occurring by reducing them feeding on roots that kills grass plants and would normally require expensive repair work as it invites additional animal damage from skunks and raccoons looking for these grubs as a meal.
- Manages White Grub larval infestations in your lawn.
- Builds thicker, deeper more resilient root systems in conjunction with our lawn fertility program
How To Control Lawn Grubs; An Overview of the Grub Control Process
The best step you can take for effective grub control is a Nematode Grub Management system which manages infestations of white grubs primarily caused by the European Chafer Beetle or Japanese Beetle (June Bug). This grub treatment can be purchased separately when insect problems are detected or suspected, however, they are best used as a preventative! Grub treatment is always a separate service with most lawn care companies near you including LawnSavers. But, it can be included with either of our lawn care packages, and we will further discount the service for you with your program loyalty discount! If you’re looking for a grub control company in Toronto or GTA, you’ve come to the right place.
Who Needs Grub Control For Their Lawn?
- Used best as a preventative application every year before grub damage can occur from infestation.
- Lawns that have insect damage characterized by animals digging and turf areas that lift up easily (like carpet) from roots being fed upon.
- General browning of the lawn or small pockets of dead grass indicates white grub damage.
- Lawns that have a history of white grubs or other turf damaging larval insect populations.
How Often Should You Use A Grub Control Service Near You?
- Nematode grub management treatments are determined by your LawnSavers Plant Health Specialist to be performed at the proper time according to Insect life cycles, weather, and other factors to ensure optimum control.
- Annual applications for grub control are highly recommended around late August and early September.
- We will always use the safest but most effective product on the market. (See trial pic below evaluating new possible product against 8 others)
- LawnSavers continually tests products and suppliers to ensure reliability and high safety standards when it comes to providing the best grub management services near you.
- Liquid grub treatment. Must be applied to moist soil (the wetter the better) before application and kept well watered immediately following application and for up to 3 weeks afterward in order to allow the Nematode to cruise through the soil easily.
- Your plant Health Specialist will leave you specific directions to make sure the grub control treatment is as effective as possible for your property’s situation.
Price for Grub Treatment Services Near You
- $97 for up to 1000 sq ft.
- The average lawn size price per application is approximately $120-155
GOT SKUNKS, SQUIRRELS or RACCOONS DIGGING YOUR LAWN??
Purchase a “scarecrow” motion-activated sprinkler to repel them from Lee Valley Tools or Lowe’s Canada.
Call LawnSavers for more information on effective grub control services near you or click here for our blog for more in depth Grub Information
VISIT OUR BLOG FOR MORE INFORMATION:
LawnSavers, your top grub control company in the GTA, has been utilizing cutting edge “Nematodes” a type of roundworm, for years to naturally manage populations of White Grubs in your Soil. There are literally thousands of species of Nematodes in the world, but only a few known to be helpful combatting against typical turfgrass damaging grubs and insects.
Nematodes are only successful at managing grubs when the grub larvae are very young. In the Greater Toronto Area this means that applications are best suited for approximately late August through Early October (check with your LawnSavers professional). All university trials in our local climate show very little control when applied in the Spring, so be careful what a retailer, supplier, neighbour or other nearby lawn care company is claiming, you could be wasting your money! (the grubs are too large and lethargic to be innoculated and die before pupation sets in. The soil temperature at the habitation level must be at least 12-15 deg C. or they will not infect their hosts. Nematodes will have no effect on pupating larvae! (research By Dr. Michael BrownBridge (Vineland Research) and Pam Charbonneau (OMAFRA))
NEW & PROMISING: Steinernema glaseri: These are being studied to possibly one day being used to control late stage grubs in the spring. This species is one of the largest entomopathogenic nematode species and they measure at about twice the length of Steinernema carpocapsae and eight times the weight. Steinernema glaseri has been found to be effective against coleopterous larvae, particularly scarab beetles. This species is a cruiser, neither nictating nor attaching well to passing hosts, but highly mobile and responsive to long-range host volatiles. Thus, this nematode is best adapted to parasitize hosts possessing low mobility yet still living within the soil profile. Field trials, particularly in Japan, have shown that S. glaseri can provide some control of several scarab species. It’s large size, however, reduces yield, making this species significantly more expensive to produce than other species. A tendency to occasionally “lose” its bacterial symbiote is also a challenge. Moreover, the highly active and robust infective juveniles are difficult to contain within formulations that rely on partial nematode dehydration. In short, additional technological advances are needed before this nematode is likely to see substantial use. University of Guelph’s turfgrass institute is conducting ongoing field trials to test efficacy before we can safely say that it will have a marketable effect on scarab beetles in the Spring.
Citation: Cornell University:
Heterohabditis Bacteriophora is the newer strain of Nematode that is the ideal predator of the European Chafer Beetle larvae. At LawnSavers we apply these at a much higher rate in order to increase the likelihood of infection in the grub and to increase the likelihood of a better kill.
Proper storage and application of your nematodes is critical in order to have any success- These creatures are EXTREMELY temperature sensitive. These living organisms usually die after 30 days. They MUST be stored in a refrigerated environment. They can not be subjected to freezing or heat. LawnSavers orders our Nematodes on a weekly basis, has them shipped in climate controlled containers, and use our supply within 5 days in order to ensure freshness and viability of the nematode.
Check out our 416 reviews on HomeStars where we have an average 9/10 rating.
Dave from Aurora had to say this on HomeStars:
“We hired Lawnstars to help with our grub issue that we had on our lawn this past summer. The package that we chose included the grub management and the lawn fertilizer.
Since they have started working on our lawn the grubs are now gone and the lawn is thick and strong.
Communication about upcoming service dates and the ongoing reports after each visit that provide detailed information about the current state of our lawn have been very helpful as well.
We are very happy and impressed with the level of service and look forward to next season with them.”
Check out our Homestars reviews.
Total Rating: 4.7 out of 5 based on 552 reviews