Check out our 416 reviews on HomeStars where we have an average 9/10 rating.
Fiesta® Lawn Weed Killer is a versatile, patented product that is ideal for lawn care and:
- Works quickly delivering visible same-day results.
- Reduces and controls broadleaf weeds on your lawn.
- An effective alternative to chemical pesticides
- Completely odorless, unlike many other herbicides
- Uses a commonly-used mineral as its active ingredient.
- In most cases, you can use your yard in a matter of hours, instead of days like traditional herbicides.
- Rainfast in 3 hours
- Kills weeds, down to the root
- Reseed turf after 24 hours
- Health Canada and The Ontario Ministry of Environment approved it for use in May 2010.
- Works in relatively cool weather up to 29 degrees Celsius
Here are some of the results we are already seeing. (this product is a stronger, more concentrated and non-diluted form of the same active ingredient in Scott’s Weed-b-gon).
For 2017, LawnSavers gives you double your weed control with our new ‘Rapid Kill‘ Technology to ensure better results! We schedule four applications of weed control with each of our programs. Weed Control is applied to weeds as a blanket spray at first and also on a spot application basis for lawns with fewer weeds. We blanket apply as required for higher infestations. (Fiesta only works by being applied to an actual weed and does not prevent weeds by applying to grass plants.)
Over time, when combined with our proper fertilizing program we will help give you a healthier, thicker fuller lawn that reduces the overall number of pesky broad leaf weeds in your lawn. A comprehensive multi-pronged approach including Professional Fertilization, core aeration, certified overseeding, adding compost and insect management will give you the most visible results.
What is in Fiesta® Turf Weed Killer?
The active ingredient in Fiesta® Lawn Weed Killer is iron – a nutrient our bodies need and derived from the natural environment. The iron is chelated (bound to a special carrier molecule) so it is easy to dissolve in water and get into the weed.
Plants need iron too – it’s what makes your lawn (and broccoli and spinach) a deep, rich green. Fiesta though, is too much of a good thing. LawnSaver’s carefully controlled method of application means only broadleaf weeds are affected. The weed’s tissues oxidize and die very quickly, turning the lawn-invading pest dark and dry (sometimes called necrosis).
Our technique ensures your grass does not get a dangerous dose, so any residual Fiesta will just add to the colour of your lawn. Plus, since it is a liquid product, you don’t have to water it after application to get it to work. We spray, it dries, and you can relax. It is safe for children and pets to go on the lawn right after it dries.
What Types of Weeds Does Fiesta® Kill?
The weeds listed below are ones that are controlled by Fiesta:
- Black medic (Medicago lupulina)
- Bull thistle (Cirsium vulgare)
- Canada thistle (Cirsium arvense)
- Common chickweed (Stellaria media)
- Creeping buttercup (Ranunculus repens)
- Dandelion (Taraxicum officinale)
- Dovefoot geranium (Geranium molle)
- English daisy (Bellis perennis)
- False dandelion (Hypochoeris radicata)
- Healall (Prunella vulgaris)
- Moss, liverworts, algae and lichens
- Persian speedwell (Veronica persica)
- Shepherd’s-purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris)
- Silverweed cinquefoil (Potentilla anserina)
- Slender speedwell (Veronica filiformis)
- White clover (Trifolium repens)
- Wild chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla)
Where can I buy Fiesta® Weed Control?
Fiesta is not for sale in retail stores like Canadian Tire or Home Depot. You can only buy Fiesta if you have a license. Our lawn care programs use Fiesta weed control to help you manage weed issues over several seasons in conjunction with proper mowing & watering.
Why Choose Us?
See what our customers have to say about us on Google:
I’ve been a LawnSavers customers since 2007 for three reasons:
1) They know their stuff. When I first contacted LawnSavers my grass was a disaster. Grub city amidst a sea of weeds. They were quick to diagnose the problem(s) and very thorough in walking me through their proposed solution. Their knowledge was impressive and helped me understand my own property and the steps required to achieve and maintain a healthy lawn.
2) They get results. LawnSavers looks at both the short term and long term needs of your lawn in order to achieve the best results possible. Their holistic, all-season approach to maintenance has helped my lawn look better, sooner, and for longer periods of time. The compliments I’ve gotten say it all.
3) They’re good people. From the maintenance staff through to customer service, the people at LawnSavers are competent, friendly and just plain nice. They clearly care about their customers as people – a rare pleasure these days – which is why LawnSavers has earned my loyalty.
Right now, our technicians are going all-out to get Fiesta applied on our customers lawns, and not just for dandelions. Fiesta gets results on thistle too, and shows promising effects on stubborn creeping weeds like clover and black medic.
Lawns being lawns, we will still see some weeds around, and severely infested lawns will likely take more than one application to get in shape. A healthy lawn requires a proper regimen of professional care including proper fertilizing, core aeration, overseeding and proactive insect management. This will help a lawn reduce weeds naturally. But we are proud to say we have the single best weed management available in Ontario – and our customers are enjoying its benefits today.
The black medic on this lawn responded really well to Fiesta, but as you can see some of the shoots and leaves are unaffected. The colony has so many separate stems and roots that it is essentially impossible to get them all.
It is the same resistance creeping weeds had to the old chemical controls. The treatment has brought the population of black medic down though, which makes managing them with good cultural practices easier.
This is another patch on the same lawn. There is some discolouration, but this patch did not die right away. Because of this stubbornness in creeping weeds, if the lawn has a lot of them it can take more than one application of Fiesta to reduce their number.
Our programs will reduce weeds over the year and season after season, but we do offer a special weed reduction treatment available to customers who have heavily infested lawns or lawns with stubborn weeds.
The best results we are seeing are on thistle and dandelion.
Once Fiesta has gone to work on your weeds, it is important to keep up your good mowing and watering practices to reduce the chance of new weeds growing.
Check out our 369 reviews on HomeStars where we have an average 9/10 rating.
Heidi from Vaughan had to say this on HomeStars:
Lawn Savers did a good job on maintaining my lawn, free of insects and weeds. Though not all weeds were eliminated, given the weather conditions this past summer, my lawn looks pretty good. I will continue to use their services in future years and would recommend them to friends.
Check out our Homestars reviews.