Granular Compost Top Dressing for healthy lawns
Granular Compost Top Dressing for healthy lawns
Our Granular Compost Top Dressing service will help to add organic matter to improve your soil resulting in thicker, healthier lawns. Comnined with Core Aeration and the appropriate seeding method, it will and help to repair small bare spots on your lawn caused by stress, insect or animal damage as well as help to thicken up those areas that are really thin and not looking there best. Compost feeds the important microbes in your soil to make the vital nutrients we apply ‘available’ to your lawns root system for easier and more efficient uptake in the plant.
Who needs it?
- Customers who have had stress on their lawn or damage.
- Customers with poor soil, especially in new developments with ‘builders soil’.
- Primarily calay or sandy soil to supplement and/or restore organic matter.
- Customers with small bare spots caused by mild to moderate insect and grub damage.
- Customers who have a generally thin lawn.
- Compost topdressing can be done any time of year.
- Ask your LawnSavers Plant Health Care Expert for their advice.
- Assists in repairs when combined with PowerSeeeding while reducing the chance of weeds invading your thin lawn.
- Your professionally fertilized lawn will naturally try to fill in bare patches on its own, however adding compost top dressing expedites the process.
- The result is a greener thicker lawn –Sooner!
- We spread the highly concentrated granules of our unique dry granular Organic “Finished” Compost. (looks like large ‘coffee’ grinds)
- We highly recommend aerating first.
- This is also the opportune time to combine our custom blended seed for lawns that have bare spots or a thin appearance. (you can substantially increase the germination of seed by improving seed to soil contact.)
- $85.00 for up to 1000 square feet.
- $155.00 for up to 4000 square feet.
Applying Compost is a proven maintenance practice in the golf course industry including commercial and residential lawn application. Good results are realized when a adding organic material to your existing soil and established lawn in conjunction with aeration. Reseeding of the area often follows. This process improves microbial activity, increases water-holding capacity of the soil, reduces soil compaction and helps improve the degradation of thatch.
LawnSavers Organics Dry granular Lawn Dressing is a unique formula, consistent in both its chemical and physical characteristics. The product is milled & screened and dried producing a product with an easy to handle texture, free of foreign objects with no objectionable odors and is complimented by the extra fertility bonus. The composted organics that make up LawnSavers Organics Lawn Dressing is loaded with a natural source of N-P-K (Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium). One application will provide a generous supply of essential nutrients and the general visual quality of the lawn is generally increased significantly! The general recommendation for best results is one application in the spring and another in the fall, based on the condition of the lawn. Using LawnSavers Organic compost Lawn Dressing helps achieve the ideal physical soil conditions while adding natural fertility in proportionate amounts.
LawnSavers Organics Lawn Dressing is produced using advanced composting technology. Starting with a properly balanced mixture of nitrogen and carbon materials from leaf litter operations the process is monitored for temperature, moisture and oxygen. Optimum composting conditions insure that temperatures are reached in the process to kill weed seeds and harmful pathogens. An average of 90 days is required from start to finish of this high quality product and is followed by additional processing to arrive at the final topdressing material. Third party, accredited labs conduct the industry standard analysis insuring that guidelines set out by the Canadian Council of the Ministry of the Environment (CCME) are met.
LawnSavers Organics Lawn Dressing Benefits:
- Contains high organics content
- Includes vital humic acids
- Decreases thatch
- Increases the effectiveness of fertilizers
- Provides slow release of macro nutrients
- Natural slow release of organic N (nitrogen) makes for a safe fertilizer option
- Longer periods between watering is possible
- Improved drought tolerance
- Overall plant vigor is improved
- Improves plant root structure
- Nutrients are held in the root zone for a longer period
- Helps suppress plant diseases and soil pests
- Increases beneficial microbe population
- Improves soil structure
- Increase soil health and natural conditions
- Increases micro-nutrients
- Increases soil aeration
- Helps form soil aggregates
- Increases in CEC (cation exchange capacity)