Vegetation Control Toronto
Vegetation Control helps to manage unwanted and nuisance vegetation in and around your landscape or commercial establishment on hard surfaces. This is performed in an economical, expeditious, and environmentally conscious process with registered products that we choose from that are either 100% NATURAL or low toxicity synthetics.
Who needs vegetation control?
- Driveways or patios that have weeds or grasses growing in cracks and crevices.
- Lawns that have been overcome with weeds and grasses and are in need of renovation.
- Lawns that require complete renovation in specific areas before continuing with Over-Seeding or PowerSeeding.
- Noxious weeds such as ragweed or poison ivy.
- Right-of-ways or industrial lots.
How often do I need to perform Vegetation Control?
- LawnSavers offers a season long program called Hard Surface Vegetation Control that allows our specialists to treat all hard surfaces at your property on each of your lawn care visits (after round one).
- Weeds and weed grasses are a nuisance whose seeds sneak into cracks and crevices in interlocking stone pathways or cracks in driveways. Our sprays target the leafy tissues with a 100% natural product that kills back the plant.
- This does not include garden areas as the proximity to sensitive plants and the risk of injury is possible.
Benefits of Vegetation Control
- Eliminates vegetation above ground and with repeated applications will eventually starve and kill the root systems.
- Please note that new plants will grow back from seeds and roots if cracks in pavement or interlock are not repaired, powerwashed, sanded with polymeric sand and/or sealed properly.
Vegetation Control Process
- Spray treatment by a LawnSavers Plant Health Specialist to target areas.
Does vegetation and weed control kill both weeds and other plants, or just weeds?
Vegetation control kills everything. It is used for driveways and interlocking primarily. It is also use for ‘poison ivy’ or ‘giant hogweed’ control when you want absolutely everything gone. This does not sterilize the area, it controls the growing plant tissue that it touches.
Weed control (or weed management) is used to selectively kill weeds but leave grass to flourish.
Keep in mind new plants will grow from seeds that remain in the soil or cracks in both incidences.
Other than driveways & patios, what other hard surfaces do you treat regularly?
It is NOT used in gardens when there are desirable plants as it can be hard to control the over-spray, which can result in non target plant damage. It could be used in a gravel area (regrowth will occur), but mainly driveways and interlock patios.
Do you also kill grass in a driveway? How to kill weeds in my driveway?
Yes it eventually kills everything it (vegetation control) touches including weeds and grasses. Essentially, the process works by ‘burning’ down the foliage and starving the root system. It actually penetrates the cuticle (protective coating) of a plant, causing the plant to dehydrate and die. It might be important to note, that weed control (or weed management) ONLY refers to weeds in a lawn, not those growing in your garden or on your patio or driveway.
The product we use will not stain bricks, concrete, or asphalt.
- Individual visits starting at $79 + tax (per application).
- Season-long programs (for all Hard Surfaces) starting at $145 + tax are available for season-long control. (with purchase of a lawn care program)
See What A Happy Client Says About Lawnsavers on HomeStars
I have worked with LawnSavers for the last two seasons and their service continues to be amazing. Always on time and great work and concise reports. They are punctual and treat my lawn like it is their own!
4.6/5 with over 594 reviews